BRADFORD BURIAL GROUND
GIVEN TO THE TOWN BY JOHN HASELTINE IN 1665 AS A PLACE
"SET THEIR MEETINGHOUSE AND FOR A BURYING PLACE."
Burial site of all the early inhabitants of Bradford, including four of the first five ministers - Z Symmes,
T Symmes, J Parsons, and J Allen. Also site of the first (1671-1706) and second (1706-1751) meeting houses, town pound (1686)
and first schoolhouse (1713). Nearby were the first houses of the settlement (1649) and the first (1668) and second (1708)
This stone placed in 1982 in observance of the 300th anniversary of the
First Church of Christ, Bradford.